Giv'R is a 4 piece Rock/Alternative/Grunge/Metal band from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada who have throughout their career made a lasting mark on the Winnipeg scene. Giv'R have had the pleasure of sharing the stage with many great local bands, as well as professional touring bands and have hosted an annual Kurt Cobain Tribute Show since 2004 in which local bands showcase their music and raise money for suicide hotline charities. The band has been played on
Power 97's River City Rawks show, have been interviewed by Freq 107, performed live on-air during an episode of Breakfast TV, and were featured on Shaw TV's Signal To Noise. Giv'R participated and were Performers in the 2012 Canadian Music Week in Toronto, Ontario and played a Showcase at The Hard Rock Cafe Downtown Toronto. The band draws on the various musical backgrounds of each member and the experiences the band has had as a whole. The 2012 lineup includes: founding member Tyler
Hunt - Singer/Guitarist, Kurtis Collette - Guitarist/Backup Vocals, Brian Shankaruk - Drummer, and Daniel Cheung - Bassist. The band is ambitious and has plans to exist as a major part of the Canadian live/commercial music
scene for years to come.
Touring Bands we have opened up for:
- Britt Black (former Bif Naked Guitarist) (June 2005)
- Misery (Metallica cover band) (May 2003 & August 2003)
- Once Just (November 2006)
- Econoline Crush (March 2008)
- Art Of Dying (May 2008)
- The Supersuckers (July 2008)
- Rev Theory (September 2008)
- Rides Again (September 2008)
- The New Duncan Imperials (November 2008)
Media we have been showcased in:
- Winnipeg Sun / Winnipeg Free Press - Freq 107
- Power 97 River City Rawks Show (3 times) - Signal To Noise on Shaw TV
- Citi TV Big Breakfast Television Show
- 2004-2009; Kurt Cobain Tribute Show, all proceeds in benefit of Teen Touch Manitoba. Organizing and
promoting of this annual event by Giv'R.
- Youth Jam 06 & 07, Teen Touch event. Giv'R performed & Lead singer Tyler was on the organizing committee both years.
- Nov 07; World Vision Fashion show and concert supporting clean water in Africa. $7,000 was raised.
- 2010 - Kurt Cobain Tribute Show, all proceeds in benefit of the Klinic Manitoba Suicide Hotline.
- 2011 & 2012 - Kurt Cobain Tribute Show, all proceeds in benifit of Kid's Help Phone.
Venues we have played:
- Grand Beach Amphitheater - Blush Ultraclub
- University Of Winnipeg - The Forks
- Dauphin Countryfest Credit Union Coral Stage - The Collective Cabaret / Royal Albert Arms
- West End Cultural Center - The Central / Rookies
- Wise Guys On Campus (U of M) - The Local
- The Pyramid Cabaret - The Academy
- Dylan O'Connors (both locations) - The Zoo / Ozzies
- Bart's on Broad (Regina, Sask) - Royal Selkirk Hotel (Selkirk, Manitoba)
- Hard Rock Cafe, Dundas Square Toronto, Ontario
Band MembersTyler Hunt - Singer / Guitarist
Kurtis Collette - Guitar / Backup Vocals
Brian Shankaruk - Drums
Daniel Cheung - Bass