Afterglow is Canadian pop rock band from Vancouver Island BC. Consisting of brothers Adam Ryan and Aron Shane. The group formed in 2005 when Aron was asked by brother Adam to drum and co-‐produce the EP “Yellow Brick Drive” with Juno Nominated producer/engineer Rick Salt. With Rick Salt as the performing Bassist for the E.P. the group released Yellow Brick Drive in 2007, leading to an array of achievement such as,
• Being featured on CFOX's Indie Night in Canada
• Landing their single “Brightside” in the top 30 on collage radio CFBX 92.5 FM
• Receiving spins on some of Canada’s top college radio stations and Internet radio.
• Receiving interest from some of the countries top indie labels
Interest came quick and the group began performing many packed venues across BC as opening acts for many known groups and selling out performance in their home town. Although, the momentum caused an ever-‐changing line up of live performs, the original two members remained consistent.
Feb 14, 2012 the group released their second E.P “Get Up and Go”. A suitable title as the record came after an extensive break following the loss of their father in 2008. The record was one of growth and personal struggle, a landmark record for songwriter Adam Ryan. Afterglow was ready to “get up and go” and was soon back to live performances again with a range of bassist and keyboard players.
The release of Get Up and Go has created growing array of achievement such as;
• Radio support from world wide Internet based radio stations
• Radio support from major radio stations: 106.9 The wolf, 98.9 Jet Fm, and Todd
Hancock’s Indie night in Canada on 99.3 The fox.
• The single Shine received over 500 views in less than 3 months on Youtube.
• The video for Shine has been featured on a growing list of music websites
• The EP received a complete feature and interview on the BS and Bennie podcast
• Resulting in over 400 dedicated Twitter Followers due to the Free Downloads
offered on their website
The writing of a new EP is in the process and the brothers plan on recording new music in the summer of 2013, focusing on the release of singles. Afterglow’s social media campaigns have showed steady growth and the future looks promising for Afterglow. Visit Afterglow’s website too view the most recent news, performances, and social media links.